On 8th Feb,2010 I was as usual listening to FM 94.3. But while tuning the stations, I encountered with 101.3 News, which said that 17 army men killed in an avalanche. I was almost shaken with the news. Then i googled every news channel to find the place where it happened. It was near Warfare school, Gulmarg. I was completely relaxed because it was not happened in Siachen(The highest battlefield in the world, 19k feet above sea level) where my elder brother is posted right now.
The next moment after confirming the affected area i got back to my work and forgot that. This is the difference between me (a civilian) and my brother(an army man). I cared of only my brother but elder brothers of 17 people were killed for no one's mistake.
I don't blame army or the system for this happening but I want to ask myself a question that why can't I(a civilian) think like them. Is it because i am well-worse with what should i have? Definitely not. Even my brother(a soldier) has what all i have. It is the "PASSION" and "SELFLESSNESS" which lacks in me(a civilian).
What I want to appeal from this platform is that at least once in a day let us think for others who need us. I end up with wishing those brothers a long life who make my life safer and longer.
Note: Please bear my normal and improper English to hear my appeal. Suggestions and comments are welcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I understand your concern for ur brother. Every normal man thinks the way you do, when he stops being selfless he ends up being a soldier. I salute your brother and people like him, infact the whole nation does.
ReplyDeleteEven i heard about that news and as usual i was indifferent to that.Everyone(read civilian) talks abt dying for their country but those remain mere words.It takes only a courageous person and true patriot to give his/her life or fight for their country.Hope someday we will come out of our comfort zone and walk the talk.
ReplyDelete